Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Best of the Decade - Actress in a Leading Role

At this point, I'm just trying to pass the time until I can post my list of 50 Greatest Films of the Decade. As a further precursor, I'll unceremoniously barrel through a few more top ten lists - those marking my favorite performances of the decade. Not to my surprise, my best actress list filled in easiest, though it's the only one where I agonized over a few cuts that had to be made (apologies to Anamaria Marinca, Helen Mirren, Julie Delpy, Kristen Scott Thomas, Maggie Cheung, Ashley Judd, Julianne Moore and Bjork). There'll be no fancy show for tonight. Just a countdown 10 to 1 of the decade's best leading ladies. Actor will follow shortly.

10. Keisha Castle-Hughes in Whale Rider
9. Juliette Binoche in Flight of the Red Balloon

8. Carey Mulligan in An Education

7. Oksana Akinshina in Lilja 4-ever

6. Penelope Cruz in Volver

5. Sally Hawkins in Happy-Go-Lucky

4. Isabelle Huppert in The Piano Teacher

3. Nicole Kidman in Dogville

2. Q'Orianka Kilcher in The New World

1. Naomi Watts in Mulholland Dr.

No comments:

Post a Comment